Sweden

"To be a missionary you don't have to cross the sea, you just have to see the cross." - Mark Cahill
(from One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven)
A question to ask yourself..."How have I loved today?" Have I demonstrated Christ's love to those around me?

Friday, August 9, 2013

It's Enough to be with Jesus

It's Enough to be with Jesus
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
I don't need the fame or wealth
That the world clamors for each day
At the altar of itself.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
The quiet moments spent with Him
Are worth more than gold and silver -
More than all this world can give.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
Give me time spent in God's Word
More than time spent hard and wasted
On fleeting pastimes of this world.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
Give me Jesus - Him alone.
Strip me of all selfish pride, Lord.
On my knees I stay before Your throne.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
And though I should stand alone,
He's still enough; He's all I need.
I am His and He's mine own.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
Give me Jesus night and day.
Whether struggling or rejoicing,
Give me Jesus all the way.
 
It's enough to be with Jesus -
It's enough to follow Him.
I can trust Him now and always.
He has my heart - for Him I'll live.
 
MC
2013

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great poem. Praise the Lord he will not leave me nor forsake me.

swedenbound said...

Amen!

When the Rains Descend

When the Rains Descend
Go ahead and grab your umbrella, because in life, there will be times when you journey through the storms. You see, in this world in which we live, the rains will fall. That is a guarantee. Trials will come - and they are going to come to everyone. Just because you are a Christian, don't think for a moment that life is going to be easy. There will still be pain, sorrow, and heartache. The good news, however, is that, as a Christian, you do not have to weather these storms alone. You have a solid foundation in Christ.

When the Rains Descend is a collection of poems written to be an encouragement to you as you face the downpours of life. May you rest in the Lord and grow closer to Him day by day.

*For information concerning purchasing a copy of When the Rains Descend, please contact Melissa Carlson through her website at www.sweden4christ.com or order one today from amazon.com.